Rigatoni with Chicken Thighs
Discover the delightful blend of tender chicken thighs and perfectly cooked rigatoni in this classic yet simple recipe. Ideal for both a cozy family dinner or an impressive dish for guests, this recipe is a testament to the harmony of flavors and textures. Let’s embark on a culinary journey that promises to be as rewarding as it is delicious.
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 30 minutes
- Total time: 40 minutes
- Serves 4
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 400g rigatoni pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 can (400g) of diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Grated Parmesan cheese, for serving
- Fresh basil leaves, for garnish
- Prepare the Chicken: Season the chicken thighs with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the chicken thighs and cook until golden brown and cooked through, about 6 minutes per side. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Cook the Pasta: In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the rigatoni according to package instructions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Make the Sauce: In the same skillet used for the chicken, add the chopped onion and minced garlic. Sauté until the onion is translucent, about 3 minutes. Stir in the diced tomatoes, oregano, and basil. Simmer for 10 minutes. Slice the cooked chicken and add it back to the sauce. Cook for an additional 5 minutes to blend the flavors.
- Combine and Serve: Add the cooked rigatoni to the sauce and toss to combine. Serve hot, garnished with grated Parmesan cheese and fresh basil leaves.
Nutritional Information (per serving)
Enjoy this hearty and flavorful rigatoni with chicken thighs, a dish that not only satisfies the palate but also brings warmth and joy to your dining table.