For persons suffering from arthritis, it hurts when trying to open a can of food. The squeeze and twist actions required in the task of the opening is so painful and can cause inflammatory pains in their joints.
What are the best can openers for arthritis sufferers in [y]?
We reviewed the best can opener for people suffering from arthritis and came up with the following great choices:
1. KitchenAid Classic Multifunction Can Opener
KitchenAid Classic Multifunction Can Opener is an aqua sky, one size, and stainless steel blade suitable for arthritis sufferers while opening all types of cans.
The opener comes with an ergonomic handle to provide a sure grip for the users.
- It is a kitchen can opener that eases the operation of an opening variety of food cans due to its strong stainless steel.
- It contains a grip turning knob that makes it easy for opening cans.
- This opener can be cleaned easily using either warm water or mild detergent since it is rust free.
- The can opener is purchased with a one-year hassle-free replacement that is a lifetime.
- The ergonomic handles provide a sure grip for the users.
- This opener is not effective for left-handed users.
2. OXO Good Grips Soft-Handled Can Opener for Arthritis
If you are interested in black color openers that can ease the opening act of your cans without creating sharp edges on you can or lid, the OXO Good Grips Soft-Handled Can Opener is the best choice.
- A user reports having used this opener for about 10 years-durable.
- This opener is designed with a soft grip knob that is suitable for arthritis sufferers.
- It can be cleaned easily by hand.
- It gas an oversized side-wind mechanism that enhances smooth movement mechanism while using it to open cans.
- The sharp stainless steel is designed not to touch the contents in the can.
- The opener is designed for contact-free lid removal using a plier building technique.
- OXO Good Grip Smooth edge is purchased by a guarantee of repair or replacement when you experience an issue with the tool.
- The opener is designed for the limited variety of cans-the cans that have the pull-tab type of opening may leave bits of metal in the food.
3. Hamilton Beach Open Ease Automatic Jar Opener
What a great choice for arthritis sufferers? Hamilton Beach Open Ease Automatic Jar Opener can be used to open your food cans with very minimal push.
The opener is more effective because you only require to place the jar opener on top of the jar and press the engage button.
- This opener is durable and designed to last for a long period of use.
- It is the easiest opener to use without any technical know-how.
- The opener requires very minimal energy to open your food cans.
- It is designed to open a wide variety of jar sizes without breaking your can.
- This opener has a robot twist that can work on your plastic can without breaking it.
- It is available at cheap and affordable prices.
- A certain user reported that after several uses, the inner arm of the opener declines working making the user to manually force the inner arm to close right to the size of the can.
4. Prepworks by Progressive Ratchet Can Opener
The Prepworks by Progressive Ratchet Can Opener is designed revolutionarily to ease the opening of cans without much energy for people with arthritis.
- The can opener is a great choice for arthritis patients because it eliminates wrist strain.
- The opener has a powerful ratchet mechanism that makes it comfortable and easy while using.
- Its handle provides a smooth grip suitable for arthritis patients.
- It is easy to use Prepworks by Progressive Ratchet Can Opener because it only requires you to move the lever back and forth to open your can.
- The lever of this tool can even be rotted in a complete circle making opening can work easier.
- Once you get the tool clamped securely on the can, you can use the ratchet with one hand.
- This brand does not have any warranty.
5. Swing-A-Way Commercial Easy Crank Can Opener
If you or your beloved one have severe arthritis in hands, Swing-A-Way Commercial Easy Crank Can Opener, 9” L x 2” W, Silver is the awesome choice for you.
This brand can work best even for young people who do not have the technical knowledge of using a can opener.
- The brand is of high quality and lasts long.
- It has a soft rubber coating on its handle to provide comfort while using it.
- The opener is designed to open any size can at a cheaper and affordable price.
- The product can be used by both old and adult arthritis patients because it is easy to use.
- It requires very minimal energy to use while opening your food cans.
- This product can be easily cleaned by hand using water because of this stainless steel-rust-free.
- It is only meant for right-handed users
OTHER REVIEWS: Best vacuum cleaners for seniors with arthritis